Removing a GM Battery
- 1). Pop the hood on your vehicle and locate the battery. The exact position will vary depending on the vehicle, but the battery generally is located in one of the four corners of the engine compartment.
- 2). Identify the positive and negative battery cables. The positive cable is red and the negative cable is black.
- 3). Using the adjustable wrench, remove the negative battery cable from the battery by loosening the bolt on the clamp that is secured to the negative battery terminal on top of the battery.
- 4). Loosen and remove the positive battery cable in the same manner used on the negative clamp.
- 5). Lift the battery up and out of the vehicle.