Front Signal Light
- 1). Open the hood. Locate the retaining bolt on top of the headlamp assembly and remove it with a socket and ratchet wrench. Locate the plastic retainer on top of the opposite end of the headlight assembly. Pull the retainer straight up and remove it from the headlight assembly.
- 2). Pull the headlight assembly straight out of the front of the car. Squeeze in on the release tab and pull the electrical connector from the back side of the assembly off.
- 3). Unscrew the dust cap in a counterclockwise direction by hand from the back side of the headlight assembly that will allow you to gain access to the front turn-signal bulb on the inboard end of the assembly.
- 4). Grasp the turn-signal bulb revealed after removing the dust cap and turn it in a counterclockwise direction. Pull the bulb straight out of the headlight assembly. Lift up on the lock tab on the wiring connector still attached to the bulb and pull it straight off. Push the connector onto a replacement 3157 bulb until it snaps into place.
- 5). Line up the small tab on the base of the bulb with the notch in the lock ring on the back side of the headlight assembly. Push the bulb into place and turn it in a clockwise direction one-quarter turn until it locks into place. Replace the dust cap.
- 6). Push the electrical connector into the back of the headlight until it locks into place. Position the headlight back into the front of the car. Replace the retaining bolt and push the plastic retainer back into place to secure the assembly. Close the hood.
Rear Signal Light
- 1). Open the trunk lid.
- 2). Unhook the cargo net from the upper wing nut on the back side of the trunk cavity opposite of where the tail light assembly resides. Unscrew the cargo net wing nuts and move the cargo net to the side. Skip this step if your Impala does not have a cargo net.
- 3). Pull up on the trunk carpet to reveal the back side of the tail light assembly. Remove the two retaining nuts from the assembly with a socket and ratchet wrench.
- 4). Pull the tail light assembly straight out from the rear of the car. Push in on the release tab and pull the electrical connector from the back of the tail light off. Turn the signal bulb in a counterclockwise direction and pull it straight out of the socket.
- 5). Push a replacement 3057 signal bulb into the tail light socket and turn it in the clockwise direction. Push the electrical connector into the back side of the tail light until it locks into place. Position the tail light on the back side of the car. Replace the retaining nuts on the mounting studs from inside the trunk. Push the carpet back down. Replace the cargo net wing nuts and the cargo net, if applicable.