- 1). Open the engine compartment and prop the hood up with the prop rod. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery. Set a pair of wheel chocks behind the rear wheels of the Town and Country. Raise the front of the Chrysler on the side you are working on using the automobile jack. Place a jack stand under the vehicle near the jacking point and raise it to the frame of the automobile.
- 2). Remove the lug nuts with a lug wrench. Remove the wheel from the Chrysler. Disconnect the brake hose bracket from the strut assembly using a socket and ratchet to remove the nut. Disconnect the wheel speed sensor from the strut assembly. Remove the bolts from the stabilizer bar link using a socket and ratchet and take it from the Chrysler. Loosen the bolts from the steering knuckle bracket using a socket and ratchet, but do not remove them yet.
- 3). Remove the three upper strut nuts on the wheel well in the engine compartment using a socket and ratchet. Remove the bolts from the steering knuckle bracket and lower the strut from the Town and Country. Place the spring compressor on the coil spring and tighten it enough to remove the pressure from the spring cap. Remove the center shaft nut from the strut using a socket and ratchet. Remove the spring cap, coil spring and spring seats from the strut.
- 4). Place the coil spring on the new strut, along with the new spring seats and spring cap. Install the center nut to the strut shaft and tighten it with a socket and ratchet. Remove the spring compressor from the coil spring. Place the strut assembly on the Town and Country and loosely install the bolts to the steering knuckle bracket. Install and tighten the top three strut nuts on the wheel well in the engine compartment.
- 5). Tighten the steering knuckle bracket bolts with a socket and ratchet. Connect the wheel speed sensor to the strut. Attach the brake hose bracket to the strut and tighten the nut with a wrench. Repeat the process on the other wheel as necessary. Drill a 1/8-inch hole into the strut housing to expel the harmless gas before discarding the strut.